Most of the people are confused between UV water purifiers and the alkaline water purifiers. We shall see the difference between the two types in the article that follows:
Alkaline Water Purifier:
An alkaline water purifier helps you get alkaline water. The PH level of this is higher than the PH level of the normal water. While the natural drinking water has a PH of 7, alkaline water is known to have a PH of 8 or even 9. There are both advantages and disadvantages of using alkaline water. Growth of bones, prevention of diseases, increased metabolism, are some of the benefits that can be derived. On the other hand, risks from drinking the water include a feeling of nausea, vomiting, muscle irritation, and others.
UV Water Purifier:
UV water purifier makes use of the sun’s UV rays to remove harmful chemicals and germs from the water. The UV rays from the sun are known to destruct the Bacteria’s DNA. The rays also prevent the extra reproduction of harmful bacteria, germs, etc. However, this type of purifier is not very effective in purifying water that has dissolved salts.
Difference Between Alkaline Water Purifier and UV Water Purifier:
Let us now see the difference between the two types of water purifiers. We have already seen the mechanism in which the two operate and have noticed the difference in the same. Some of the other differences are as below:
- The alkaline water purifier is known to make the water alkaline. This means that the acidic nature or elements that make the water acidic are drastically reduced.The PH level of the water is increased when you use the alkaline water purifier. On the other hand, the main purpose of the UV water purifier is to remove parasites, bacteria, and germs that are present in drinking water. It is more effective for water that does not have dissolved solids.
- The alkaline water purifiers are more expensive when compared to the UV water purifiers. However, if you are concerned about health, you will not mind paying a few extra bucks.
- Another point of difference is the use of electricity. While the alkaline ones do not require electricity to operate, the UV water purifiers require electricity to keep going.
- Alkaline water purifiers are very compact in size. They are so small that they can even fit in your fridge. These are just like small jugs. On the other hand, the UV water purifiers are usually big and they tend to occupy a lot of space in your kitchen.
- UV purifiers use the UV rays of the sun to get rid of chemicals and germs. However, in this process, certain minerals that are good for your health are also removed. This is not the case with alkaline water purifiers. They make the water alkaline by reducing the acidic content of water. This, in turn, has several health benefits.
We hope that after reading the above article, you have a better understanding of both the alkaline water purifier and the UV water purifier. Both have their benefits and risks and you have to weigh everything before you select the one that best suits your needs.